Most relevant results expected:
- Test and compare the potential utility of a variety of commercial photocatalytic materials to act as an NOx sink and select the most promising solutions to be implemented on urban surfaces and under real conditions.
- Implement selected photocatalytic materials in real urban settings and evaluate their air purification capabilities.
- Develop and configure a prototype (CFD micro-scale model coupled to urban atmospheric chemistry and NOx deposition rates) capable of calculating the dispersion of pollutants in urban environments.
- Evaluate the impact on air quality of the combined application of photocatalytic materials in different urban environments at the district level using this prototype.
- Provide local authorities with a recommendation guide focusing on the feasibility and protocols for the use of photocatalytic materials with decontaminating properties in urban settings within the framework of a comprehensive evaluation of NOx reduction strategies.